Saturday, July 26, 2014


Being Cordial

I say “lets just be friends.”
when really I don't want this to end.
You say “lets just be cool.”
Does that mean you want me to act like your dude?
Or like a close friend, smiling from beginning to end,
because really deep inside I can't,
I can't be friends.
I already had plans for romantic getaways,
Flights without delays.
I played the “MASH” game,
and you were the chosen name.
Now I have to throw that away
and start a new day.
A fake grin is not what I intend,
I can only give you the honesty within,
and honestly, I can't be friends.
How can we move from love making
only to arrive at hand shaking.
How can I look into your eyes
and ignore my silent cries inside.
People say “time heals all wounds”
but I think its only if you can resume.
Im so confused
The only sure thing
is that there is no ring,
there are no kids, instead,
I am left with nothing.
But able to gain everything
so for my protection
from showing my affection
I can't be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment