Monday, July 16, 2012

SURVIVING LOVE

The feeling of regret lingers my mind
But I know I can’t go back in time
To the same bed sheets that smell of us
To the same nights filled with lust
I was hoping for a deeper bond
One that would let the world know your mine
I was wishing that the arguments and fights would fade
And we could live in the sun and not the shade
How is it that you seem ok?
When I can only catch sleep during the day
I look into your eyes and see nothing
I have become a stranger walking
The war inside my soul grows daily
I have a break from this emptiness rarely
My heart is past broken and shattered
If it wasn’t beating, I would think it no longer existed
I have become an emotionless human being
Cold, dark, untrusting creature with no tears for crying
Saturated by this heaviness, I feel overloaded
Like an obese body, I feel bloated
In need of some type of exercise
To obtain a more healthier mind
I am still seeking to find

No comments:

Post a Comment